Our overall aim is to help your children feel happy and secure during their time at Birdwell. We can only do this if we work as a partnership with you, the parents.
- The school is seen as a learning community and that strong links are further developed in the wider community.
- All children fulfil their learning potential and achieve a high level of attainment through providing the opportunity for independence and creativity.
- The children leave Birdwell School with values of citizenship. They demonstrate care for each other, are well behaved and have a record of their achievement.
- Together we create a purposeful, enjoyable atmosphere in school.
- There are high expectations from all, parents, children, staff and the community so that children can pursue their ambition.
At Birdwell Primary School:
- We are here to learn
- We do our best
- We are kind and well behaved
- Together we try hard and enjoy ourselves
- We expect the best and follow our dreams
We promote a caring ethos and invite prospective parents into school so that they are able to have a feel for the school. Our core values of the school are reflected in our 3 year goals:-
Birdwell Primary School
Our School Vision
- Continue to raise standards for all learners, with a focus on closing the gap in attainment through continued staff development and mastery teaching.
- Produce confident and enthusiastic teachers and learners who are prepared for the 21st century, by using technology safely and developing an understanding of computing and programming.
- For staff and children to experience an exciting broad and balanced curriculum which supports the child in being a well-rounded learner, who is resilient, independent, respectful of diversity and can manage change.